Wednesday 20 July 2011

Portrait, Oil on board 8in x 10in

This is a painting of Christopher Bell, who until May was the Chorus Master for Belfast Philharmonic Choir. He is a very vital and important figure in music making and, more to the point, has a GREAT HEAD!



It was a delight to paint him. Those of you who follow this blog may notice that the only other Oils portrait I've posted was another man, Rodney, with glasses and er, not a lot of hair. Though he has a splendid moustache.. I did wonder myself if I had a thing going on, but no - I've painted folks with hair too, and I will post those at some point!

                                       Next up, 3-day portrait workshop, Belfast.
                                    Up coming - Water Colour workshop, Dublin.
                                               Intensive Portfolio Course
                                       For info email julie@juliedouglas.co.uk
                         Phone - from UK 07730 560 517 from Ireland 087 1330040
Please remember - copyright on portraits belongs to the sitter. Do not copy this in any way, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment